|Degree||Doctor of Engineering (Kyushu University, 1986)
Environmental Methodologist (METI, Japan, 2004)
|Department||Department of Chemical Engineering|
|yoshizuka[ at ]kitakyu-u.ac.jp
＊Please change "[at]" to "@".
|Education||1981: Bachelor of Engineering from Kyushu University
1983: Master of Engineering from Kyushu University
1986: Doctor of Engineering from Kyushu University
|Employment History||1986-1989: Lecturer of Department of Applied Chemistry, Saga University
1990-2000: Associate Professor of Department of Applied Chemistry, Saga University
Since 2001: Professor of Department of Chemical Engineering, The University of Kitakyushu (UoK)
|Teaching Activities||Chemical Engineering, Analytical Chemistry, Separation Engineering, Hydrometallurgy, Computational Chemistry|
|Research Interest||1. Preparation of organic, inorganic and their hybrid materials for separating rare metals, valuable organic compounds and harmful compounds from various aqueous resources
2. Preparation of nano titania for photocatalyst and arsenic adsorbent
3. Design and integration of separation processes such as solvent extraction, ion exchange, membrane separation etc.
4. Novel computational chemistry for elucidating the mechanisms of solvent extraction, ion exchange and membrane separation
5. Lithium recovery from seawater, deep ocean water, geothermal water and salt lake brine with adsorptive separation
6. Practical lithium recovery from seawater and salt lake brine by using benchmark plant
|Publications||1. "The Global Arsenic Problem: Challenges for Safe Water Production", N. Kabay, J. Bundschuh, B. Hendry, M. Bryjak, K. Yoshizuka, P. Bhattacharya, S. Anac ed., CRC Press (2010)
2. Onishi, K., Nakamura, T., Nishihama, S., Yoshizuka, K., Synergistic solvent impregnated resin for adsorptive separation of lithium ion, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 49, 6554-6558 (2010).
3. Yoshizuka, K., Nishihama, S., Sato, H., Analytical survey of arsenic in geothermal waters from sites in Kyushu, Japan, and a method for removing arsenic using magnetite, Environmental Geochemistry and Health, 32, 297-302 (2010).
4. Nakamura, T., Sakai, A., Nishihama, S., Yoshizuka, K., Solvent extraction of indium, gallium, and zinc ions with acidic organophosphates having bulky alkyl groups, Solvent Extraction and Ion Exchange, 27(4), 501-512 (2009).
5. Matsumoto, M., Kado, A., Shiraki, T., Kondo, K., Yoshizuka, K., Reactive extraction of diols with phenyl boronic acid and trioctylmethylammonium chloride as coextractants and quantitative structure-property relationship of their extraction behaviors, Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, 84(11), 1712-1716 (2009).
6. Uezu, K., Yoshizuka, K., Computational chemistry in solvent extraction, Solvent Extraction Research and Development Japan, 14, 1-15 (2007).
7. Nakamura, T., Nishihama, S., Yoshizuka, K., Separation and recovery process for rare earth metals from fluorescence material wastes using solvent extraction, Solvent Extraction Research and Development Japan, 14, 105-113 (2007).
Publication List Cited in Scopus
|Other activities||2004-2006: Head of the Department of Chemical Engineering
2006-2009: University senate of The University of Kitakyushu
2007-2011: Director of International Collaboration Center for Environmental Research and Development
Since 2008: Editorial Board of "Solvent Extraction and Ion Exchange" (Taylor & Francis)
Since 2009: Editorial Board of "Desalination" (Elsevier)